Hello beautiful people,
Although It's been almost a year, but this segment is here to stay. Over time, I interview different people (bloggers, creatives, fashionistas, entrepreneurs) to get a peep into there lifestyle, ideas and hopefully it encourages/inspires someone out there.
Today on let's talk style, we will get to know Hazel of Hazedstyle.com. A hardworking lady with a voice as beautiful as her. Funny enough when I met her, her voice was so girly and high pitched that I guess I had a surprised look on my face, then she said "this is really my voice." She's the sweetest and her workouts on Snapchat really inspires me to get in the gym. Hope you're inspired by her style.
1. What is your name?
- Hey there, My name is Hazel Kigera
2. have you always loved fashion?
- NO!! I would be lying if I said I always did. Didn’t start appreciating fashion until my freshman year in high school.
3. When and why did you create your blog?
- I created my blog almost two years ago. I wanted to keep a record of my feelinsgbehind all my looks.
4. What do you do for a living?
- Right now I am a Manager at Forever 21 in Grapevine Texas. (Cool job!).
5. What is your dream job?
- To be a fashion consultant full time or stylist… but in the corporate world I would love to be a brand Ambassador for a highly successful clothing brand. As the Ambassador my goal would be to grow and lead the brand to different countries in Africa. (Oh wow! This is very nice!)
6. who is/are your fashion inspirations
- OMG!! Soraya De Carvalo, Claire Summers, Xenia Tchoumitcheva, MelissaFontana, Aimee Song, Bryan Grey, I could honestly keep going.
7. Do you think music or the music you listen to has an influence on your style?
- Oh yes, A LOT!! More than I imagined it would.
8. Top 5 favorite clothing brand/store? Gosh top five??
- EGO, self protrait, Asos, Simplee apparel, Thrift store,Forever21,sheinside, choies, sorry I couldn’t pick just five.
9. you had the opportunity to dress a celebrity of your choice, who will it be, and what will you dress them in?
- I would LOVE to dress Keke Palmer, I would love to do a grunge but Avante-garde editorial look. I think she would just kill it. (Interesting choice, i think Keke is just an awesome character).
10. You had the opportunity to dress Rihanna or Solange (pick one if not used about) what will you dress her in?
- OMG this is hard because Rhi is Bae but Solange is such a perfect fashion canvas, umm I would go with..Solange(my heart broke a little lol). Only reason I pick Solange is because Rhi (aka bae) has done or tried every look. So on Ms. Solange I would love to have a mixture of prints and textures to create a Free spirit bohemian look but with a twist of darkness. So even though the prints would be bold and loud and colorful I would love for her make up and hair to be dark and almost like the wicked witch of the north. I feel like she is one of the few people who could make this look look whimsical and almost fairy like despite the dark makeup.
11. Who would you love to style (celebrity or not)?
- I would love to style Soraya De Carvalo. She is impeccable when it comes to mixing colors and lengths and always making them so professional and girly. I would love to try what she does but in my own way.
12. Tips for people who are still confuse sed about their personal style.
- Guys don’t ever dress to impress anyone, dress to express yourself. Your sense of style if an expression of who you are. Its an illustration of how you view yourself, how you feel, how you move. Your beautiful body is a bare and naked canvas, its your art platform play with it and paint on it with you various cloths, materials and ensembles.
13. Something people usually find surprising about you?
- That my voice really is this squeaky. You have no idea how many times people ask me if I really talk like this..
14. Lets say you have $300 to put together an outfit, what would you wear?
- A chiffon black deep v body suit, some tan cullotestrouses, some creeper sneakers, tan duster coat, with a merlot colored choker .
15. Favorite style magazine?
- Bazaar, even though I am YET to afford all the items they offer. Style watch is another favorite.
16. Any current favorite trend?
- YESSSSS THE CHOKERS ARE BACK!!!!! And the DAVID BOWE BOOTS!!!! AND THE EXTRA LONG SLEEVES: with or without a flare.