I know it's been a long time. We'll get to the reason for the break later. Anyways, this is a new interview like segment i'm incorporating this year titled; Let's talk style: where we get to know people and their personal style. I've admired this lady's style since we met. This episode is different because I got to photograph this beautiful lady myself while we were both in Houston, cant promise every other episode will be this way.
Hope you enjoy.
What is your name?
-Janet (a.k.a jntfjk)
What do you do for a living?
- I'm a student perusing a graduate degree.
What is your dream job?
- I really do not have an ideal dream job, my dream is to own the jobs as in being an entrepreneur.
Have you always loved fashion?
- Since I could remember, fashion was always something that I took interest in. Something I love most about fashion is how it describes the person, it shares a little insight of the person taste and personality without them having to speak. I could go on about the love I have for it but that pretty much sums it up.
Jacket: H&M, Bodysuit: American Apparel,
Pants: H&M, Shoes: Steve Madden, Hat: Urban Outfitters
Who is/are your fashion inspirations?
- My fashion inspirations are, Olivia Palermo & Victoria Beckham. I love their fashion sense, because its unique and vibrant. My favorite colors are black and white, pretty much the only colors you'll ever see me wear, similar to Olivia and Victoria. If there's any fashion icon I would look up too it'll be to emulate these two women.
Do you think musicor the music you listen to has an influence on your style?
-lol, hmm I do but then again I don't. I'm a girl to be seen as classy or boogie to my peers but little do they know is I love trap music lol. But back to the question, I don't really think it has a major influence on my style.
Top 5 favorite clothing brand/store?
-I really don't have a favorite, I shop literally anywhere. If I see something I like, I buy. It does not have to be a brand.
You had the opportunity to dress a celebrity of your choice, who will it be, and what will you dress them in?
-hmm I'd have to go with a celeb that doesn't have too much fashion sense. I love projects, make overs and transformation and I think fashion can do all of that. Maybe an athlete, I feel like majority of them uses a stylist to help boost they're look off the court or the field. I'd have to say Russell Westbrook lol.
You had the opportunity to dress Rihanna or Solange (pick one if not used above) what will you dress her in?
-lol yikes. These are both great fashion icons, kind of hard to choose between the two. I'd have to go with Solange . Solange has a concrete colorful style that doesn't change, so it'll be hard to dress her, but Rihanna has variety of styles she can pull anything off, so I think it would be a challenge/ project for myself to put Solange in a unit no one would expect her to wear.
Who would you love to style(celebrity or not)?
Tips for people who are still confused about their personal style
- find something that you like and speaks volume to yourself.
- Don't follow trends, and if you do always, I repeat always add your own special touch to it so you won't look like everyone in the room lol
- be bold. Try different things, color esp.
- buy a mirror in your bedroom and play dress up, come up with outfits, have fun with it, that's what fashion is all about.
Pants: Forever 21, Jacket: H&M, Clutch: mom's closet
Something people usually find surprising about you?
- umm lol I already mentioned I love trap music. Hmm what else, people always tell me I look stuck up but once they get to know the true Janet, I'm as sweet as they come and a major good ball. Love basketball, every time I tell a guy this they start to laugh until they see me play that is ;) lastly I'm a sucker for art, and nature.
Lets say you have $300 to put together an outfit, what would you wear?
- $300 is even too much, outfits I wear is maybe less then $200 if you exclude my extensions lol. It depends on the weather and where I'm going. Now that it's winter and let's say I was going out for a drink, I'd wear a pair of fitted denim jeans, turtleneck top and a coat with a pair of loafers. Very simple yet cute
Favorite style magazine?
-hmm I've really fell behind on magazines, crazy how I literally use to collect them now because I depend so much on technology I rarely look at them any more. But vogue for sure is an all time favorite and also Bazaar
Any current favorite trend?
- I try to stay away from "trends" but if I had to pick I'd say the long Blazers.