Lover's day we all call it; since, you can't love someone else without loving yourself first; we are going to talk about some self-love. Maybe we can just scratch valentine’s day all together and make it self-love day (lol just kidding). In honor of the day declared for love, here are six ways to practice self-love everyday:
1. pamper yourself - you could head to the spa or set up your spa at home to rest rejuvenate and relax. You could soak yourself in a hot bath, light some candles and listen to some of your favorite relaxing music.
2. Make a list of things you love about yourself: I've always wrote down encouraging quotes/things I love about myself and I read them to myself in front of a mirror every day. Most of the time I write them on post it notes and post it all over my room. Its highly help during sad, depressive times; it lifts the spirit.
3. Nourish your body: as the saying goes, you're what you eat. If you eat trash all day, you tend to feel like trash.
4. Accept yourself: get comfortable with taking me time. It's during these times that you can get to know yourself and explore your mind. Learn take a social media/ technology timeout, a few days away won’t keep you. This really helps with accepting yourself and getting in touch with how you are feeling? What you’re thinking? What your body is going through.
5. Choose your tribe wisely: someone once told me “the way you tell a good friend is by looking at the action they take, big or small, it shows they care!” I always say energy is a really huge thing, the people in your inner circle
6. Let go of all the hurt and pain: many times I see people going through hurts and pains because of rejection or betrayal. I always tell them, rejection is not merely someone's opinion of you. Don't poison you future with hurts of the past. Never allow anyone make you feel inferior. No one can really make you feel inferior without your consent. DONT give your consent!